Friday, July 4, 2008

Back From the "Burg"

I arrived in Boise last night after an emotional week in Roseburg.  Every week day, I went with my mom to the Community Cancer Center for her radiation treatments.

DSC00910 

My mom is over half way through her radiation treatments and it is rough. She looks like she is sunburned lobster red and she is very tired. One of her doctors chastised me for asking him 2 questions. I don't like that doctor. She needs some answers right now and it is a bit frustrating.

After radiation, we would usually go and visit Greg at his business in the mall. I had a hard time letting him go when I hugged him goodbye.

DSC00965

I want to show you how well things grow in Garden Valley near Roseburg (where my in-laws live.)  This burn pile has volunteer snapdragons and herbs growing on it.

DSC00911 

My sister-in-law, Denise Page, drove my mom and me to Eugene on Thursday in order for me to catch my flights home.  Here they are right before I said goodbye to them.

DSC00971

I saw the size of the plane below and I thought I would probably get motion sickness but we didn't hit much turbulence on that or the next flight. 

DSC00972

It was very nice to arrive and see Ed.  I missed him. Thanks for your prayers for my mom.  Please, if you remember, pray for her.

No comments: