Today is Julie's 18th birthday. She has wanted to vote for many years now.
I took her down to the county courthouse to register to vote.
We also picked up a passport application for her. It looks like some of us get to spend Christmas in Germany! We are going to attach her expired passport for proof of citizenship. Here is the picture on the expired passport. Wasn't she cute?
Passports cost a chunk of change! $75 for the US Government fee and $25 for the county fee.
There is other excitement here as this coming weekend, the base will have an air show. There was a sky writer flying over our house this morning. The base expects over 100,000 visitors.
With the air show and a few other things that have come up this week, the laminate floor project will still be sitting in the middle of the floor as pictured below. I have started the project in earnest several times! I have measured and re-measured. We still have time. It looks like we can see light at the end of the tunnel on this building addition. Our next big project will be our back yard. What a mess! The sprinkler system needs to be reconfigured and so we have many trenches dug and we'll have to dig more.
1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE! What a special time for you; not to mention you get to vote in a very special, history-making election too! Oh and Suzie let me wish you HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I was at work thinking that the day was special for another reason (it was Jimmy's mom's birthday too!) I've got too much work on the brain...Love and God Bless!
Post a Comment