We arrived home early yesterday evening. It seems like as soon as I got home, I felt extremely tired. I have so many things yet to do to get caught up, but I'm compelled to update this blog :)
The last few days of camp were great! Three girls that we know of became Christians! That makes it all so worth it. We got to go on hikes and a few times in the burnt areas (last year the Warm Lake area was on fire and our beloved camp was greatly threatened).
This was the normal way one would go to visit Knox Meadows. We could only hike as far as the creek, however, because the fire last year burned the bridge. Here, Angelyn is standing near the area where the bridge once stood. Ed and I went across that bridge last summer.
We did make it to Knox Meadows a different way (by bus and another hiking trail). Below the girls are sitting on a fence made this past year. The fence surrounds the ruins of a large historic building burned by last year's fire.
This is a small building (an outhouse) that survived the fire....
It was such an honor for me to be on the staff of this camp. I got to speak (or facilitate events) every evening and I did a "station" Monday through Thursday afternoons. My station was on different ways to memorize scripture and also about what it is to be a woman of God. Here is a somewhat blurry picture of one of my station groups enjoying their "Titus 2 meal".
Several girls commented on how much they loved having Julie there. She was in charge of the Canteen record keeping for the week.
I loved having Julie there too!
No comments:
Post a Comment