On November 3, I received a phone call from my son in law, Jesse. The night before, Dawson (our grandson) had run into the kitchen and grabbed the pyrex measuring cup with boiling water in it down on his head and arm. He was sent to a children’s hospital near Waikiki. I put the word out on two prayer chains. The next day, I prayed that if God wanted me to go be with them to make it very clear. I then got an offer from our home church to pay for the flight. Then Jesse asked me to come. It seemed clear. I was weepy most of the journey there. I got weepy when I got to hug Julie and see Dawson. He was so swollen (he couldn’t open his eyes) that he didn’t look anything like Dawson. We were overwhelmed with prayers and well wishes from folks around the world. We feel so loved. Dawson spent 5 days in the PICU at the hospital. But then, he got discharged. He is healing very well. Below are pictures I took on the Skype camera, three weeks after the accident (after I had already been home a week.) He still has some healing to do, but he looks great!
He was playing “Peek a Boo” with me.
Thanks so much for your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment