Friday, May 7, 2010

PWOC Spring Retreat

The Protestant Women of the Chapel recently had their annual retreat at Trinity Pines in Cascade, Idaho. We were strapped for funds this year and did the Beth Moore “Retreat in a Box” instead of having a guest speaker. It was great! The weather was fantastic (just a tid bit cold, but, hey we were in the mountains in springtime after all). We had such a good time together and even stretched ourselves to try things we never thought we would do like the “Leap of Faith”.

DSC01019

Here I am ready to go climb a tree to a platform 45’ high.

IMG_0144 

IMG_0145

IMG_0147

IMG_0149

IMG_0151

IMG_0152

IMG_0157 

Eight of us went out on this “leap of faith”! I was shocked so many of our girls would do it. This is something we won’t ever forget! It was the scariest thing I’ve ever done.

Some of us went hiking on their trails. It is so beautiful there!

DSC00989

Pam and I even trudged through some snow.

DSC01100

Kate, Elizabeth and I took a break during our hike and enjoyed the view of the valley below.

Here is most of our group in the dining hall. I am already looking forward to next year’s retreat!

SDC12387

2 comments:

Jodi @ SNAPPED said...

WOW!!! That looked like it was an amazing weekend! LOVE LOVE the tree adventure! I have not heard of the retreat-in-a-box, will have to look into that.

Michelle said...

Looks like you all had a great time! Wish I could have been there, glad to see some familiar smiling faces!
Love Michelle