Yesterday at Liberty Chapel, Julie's youth group put on another meal fundraiser for their upcoming trip to a national conference in Salt Lake City. They collected $777. More is coming. I helped with the meal and cooked some of the BBQ pork. It had to be slow cooked overnight and in the middle of the night, the power went out in that socket. I got up early enough to put the meat on high and it turned out fine. But, I arrived at church a bit frazzled trying to get everything done on time. These pictures aren't all that clear since I forgot to bring my camera and ended up borrowing one (a good camera but I don't know how to work it).
After we ate, Chaplain Smith auctioned off the kids for various work projects such as babysitting, lawn mowing, organizing shoes (?)...
Julie was the only girl to go up for bids. One of the Smith girls was sad that they didn't win the bid on Julie. There were at least 8 guys to go up for bids.
Chaplain Smith has been our regular preacher since we got here. We very much appreciate his expository preaching. He will be gone for various assignments and schools in the upcoming months. We will miss him while he is gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment